In his speech at Londonâ€™s Wembley Stadium yesterday, Narendra Modi referred to Imran Khan, while addressing the Indian diaspora. And this Imran Khan is very much different from the Pakistanâ€™s all-rounder, we all grew up watching.
This youth from Alwar in Rajasthan has developed around 50 mobile applications and dedicated those apps to the students for free.
The story doesnâ€™t end here.
Hereâ€™s the full story of Imran Khan and his achievements in the field of technology:
1. He is a mathematics teacher at a government Sanskrit senior secondary school and has created 50 apps in less than 3 years.
2. With no formal education in computers, leave alone app development, Imran Khan has learnt everything he knows from books and Google.
His younger brother was a Computer Science engineer and his books were one of the reasons behind his liking for app development.
3. Back in 2005, he learnt HTML and designed a website (www.gtalks.com) himself to answer general knowledge-related questions.
4. In his website, he introduces himself as a web developer.
5. He even took a session in a national seminar at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussorie in 2014 which had IAS officers as his audience.
6. He developed his first app â€“ the NCERT Learn Science â€“ for the Class 9 students back in 2012 and has not looked back, since then.
7. His apps have been downloaded by 2.5 million users and screen views are up to 18 million. Yes. M-I-L-L-I-O-N.
8. Apart from that, his most popular app, the General Science app is a top grosser, with around 500,000 downloads.
9. The then district collector of Alwar, Ashutosh Pednekar was impressed with his design and suggested him to start developing apps.
As Imran had no idea of developing apps, it was Pednekar who showed him what apps look like on his personal tablet.
10. On the other hand, Pednekar believes, he was lucky to have stumbled upon Imran.
As reported byÂ Hindustan Times, this is what he said:
As Modi rightly pointed out yesterday at Britainâ€™s biggest stadium, â€˜My India resides in people like Imran Khan.â€™
Word, Modiji. There are countless such people in India.
Sare Jahan Se Accha, Hindustan Hamara, right?Â
News Source:Â Hindustan Times